YouTube Refuses to Ban Logan Paul From Service Despite Controversies

Since the beginning of the year, Logan Paul has constantly made headlines for his antics. After infuriating the entire world for that Japanese Suicide Forest video he posted in early January, the 22-year-old YouTube personality made the situation worse recently when he posted new videos of him tasing dead rats and encouraging his viewers to eat Tide pods.

However, those apparently are not enough reasons for YouTube to ban Paul from the service. Following outcry demanding YouTube to take serious action as a response to his behaviors, the company’s CEO Susan Wojcicki publicly said during Monday, February 13’s Code Media conference in Huntongton Beach, California that she wouldn’t be banning Paul because he hadn’t violated the platform’s “three strikes” rule.

So far, Paul has only one strike against his channel, stemming from the Suicide Forest video. The two other videos mentioned above, somehow, failed to earn his channel additional strikes.

“He hasn’t done aything that would cause those three strikes. We can’t just be pulling people off our platform,” said Wojcicki. “They need to violate a policy. We need to have consistent [rules]. This is like a code of law.”

While they thought Paul’s videos aren’t offensive enough to get him booted from the video-sharing site, YouTube did punish him for the Suicide Forest vlog by temporarily removing his ability to make money from his videos. The rat-tasing video was also widely considered dangerous enough to temporarily remove monetization on his videos, but wasn’t enough for his channel to get another strike because YouTube think people have different ideas of what is offensive.

“What you think is tasteless is not necessarily what someone else would think is tasteless,” Wojcicki argued. “We need to have consistent laws, so we can apply it consistently to millions of videos, millions of creators.”

What do you think of Logan Paul’s latest offensive videos? Do you think it’s fair for YouTube to let his channel stay after all the controversies? Sound off in the comment section below, and let us hear what your friends think of this by sharing this article with them.

One thought on “YouTube Refuses to Ban Logan Paul From Service Despite Controversies

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *